Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Newsletter May 20 - 24

This will be my final newsletter of the year.  I can't believe that we have almost completed 180 days of first grade together.  It has been my privilege to teach YOUR wonderful child.  I consider these students as my "kids" now, and most of the time I refer to them as "my kids" not my students.  They will forever be a part of me.  I love teaching first grade, with such innocent, inquisitive children.  Thank you for all of your support this year!

I sent home your child's portfolio today.  I hope you noticed their growth this year, especially notice the writing at the beginning of their portfolio and the writing at the end.  I had my students write about their summer activities the very first week of school.  I did not give them any assistance, but told them to write for 20 minutes.  I did the same this this week.  It's amazing how some children's writing went from a string of letters, to words, and spaces, and organization.  Your children are now readers and writers.  Please continue reading with your child over the summer!

I will send home 4th quarter grades, DIBELS results, and your child's 2nd grade placement on Friday.  I included two papers with DIBELS results so, hopefully you will be able to interpret the results.  If you have any questions about those results please don't hesitate to contact me.  I check my e-mail everyday.

On Monday, the students that read 100 books launched their balloons with notes on them and their picture will be in the Iron County Today paper on May 29th.  I am hoping that I get everyone that read 100 books together tomorrow so that everyone can be included.  Congratulations again to Jacob, Dalton, Kaden, McKenlee, Reese, Justin, Ruby, Kody, Alec, and Cason for reading 100 books this year.  I will post a picture of the balloon launching at the end of this newsletter.

Friday is the last day of school.  Remember that school dismisses at 2:30 that day!!  Have a beautiful summer and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment