Monday, December 9, 2013

Newsletter December 9 - 13

We had a great time walking to Zion's Bank and decorating the tree in the lobby.  We were greeted by Santa and sang Christmas songs and had cookies.  I hope that you all saw or heard that we made the front page of the Daily News.  I guess you could say we are now FAMOUS!  The Zion's Bank that we decorated the tree for is located on Center and Main. 

Tomorrow we are going to watch Santa and his helpers fly into Cedar City.  I wouldn't be surprised if this event is broadcast on a local news channel.  Please send your child with warm clothes--coats, gloves, hats, warm shoes and socks etc.  If any of you would like to meet us at the airport you are welcome to come, but we will not have room on the buses.

I sent home a note about our Gingerbread house making activity on Thursday, December 19th at 1:00.  If you could help by donating the highlighted item on the sheet.  If you can't find the particular item that I  highlighted, anything that you might think would be great to decorate with would be fine.  I could use help that day as the kids make their houses.  If you can help please let me know.  The more the merrier!! The note also asked for a $1.00 donation for a "secret" gift that your child will make in class.  I asked them to ask for ways to earn this $1.00.  If you could please have these donations sent to school by Tuesday, December 17th. 

We are so busy with extra Christmas activities that we don't get as much time to work on our spelling words in class.  Please help your child study the spelling words at home especially these next couple of weeks.  I will still send home spelling words next week.

Happy Reading!!

Decorating the tree with Santa and Zion's Bank






No comments:

Post a Comment