Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10 - 14

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. I just have a few items today.

In math, we are finishing our Unit #3 (Addition strategies) this week.  Thank you for helping your child with their homework.  Today the strategy is "Making a ten".  This is where students "make a ten" in order to add.  For example:  7 + 5 = 12.  Students would "take" three from 5 to "make a ten" and then add 10 + 2 = 12 so 7 + 5 = 12. 

The November Scholastic book order is due this Friday, November 14.  Remember that I can hide any books that you might like to order for Christmas.

I sent home a field trip permission form for all field trips.  It is on coral paper.  Please read the note and sign the permission slip about the district's policy for field trips. 

I am noticing a decline in the return of take-home books.  Please read every night with your child.  It's so important! 

Since this is "thankful month", I want you all to know how grateful I am for my beautiful class of first graders.  I love all of my students, and feel it a privilege to be their teacher.  They bring joy into my life and it's so exciting to watch their growth in learning.

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment