Monday, February 9, 2015

Newsletter February 9 - 13

I will be gone tomorrow afternoon.  I have been asked to be on the committee that will help choose a new reading program for the district.  Andria Williams, my student teacher in the Fall will be substituting for me so my students will be in wonderful hands.  She will administer Math Test #6 tomorrow, so please help your child with their homework tonight as this will ultimately help them with their test tomorrow.

Thanks to Dante and Dane for sending some items to help decorate our Valentine's cans.  Remember that I will provide the container, but would love some help with items to decorate them with (stickers, ribbon, etc. anything really would work). I also have had some volunteers to help with our Valentine's day party on Friday, February 13 at 2:30.  We will make frosting heart-shaped cookies and delivering our Valentines.  I sent home a note with a list of classmates.  If you would like to send Valentines and/or little treats with your child you are welcome to.  Please make sure that all of the students receive a Valentine or treat. 

We are still studying the Water Cycle.  Today we will have an ice melting contest, and then write about what happened, using transitional words: first, next, then and last. We learned a lot of about Groundhogs last week.  Ask your child about them, they might surprise you with what they know about groundhogs and their burrows.

Power school has been down today and I was going to get my huge stack of work put into the system.  I have two weeks worth and thus two spelling tests that haven't been handed back yet.  I am pleased with the progress on our spelling tests, especially the sentence dictation portion.  Thank you for motivating your child at home by practicing these words with them if necessary.

On Wednesday, I will send home a letter explaining my 100-book challenge.  Look for that!  Have a nice long weekend--I hope that the weather stays nice for it.

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment