Monday, May 7, 2018

Newsletter May 7 - May 11

Happy Mother's Day week to you!  We are winding down but will still be working and learning up until almost the very end.

Here are this week's happenings:

  • If you haven't turned in your lunch request for our field trip to the St. George museum on Tuesday, May 22 please do so ASAP so that I can get a count to the lunchroom.  If your child receives free or reduced lunch that price will still apply to the sack lunch. I think I have enough volunteers for these field trips, but if you'd still like to accompany us please let me know.  I think the "more the merrier" applies to these two trips. The cost for these two field trips is a $2.25 donation ($1.25 for pool and $1.00 for museum).
  • Tomorrow we will be having our Math test on three-dimensional shapes--I told you that we needed to get through the last two units quickly.  We will start our next unit on Wednesday which will be two-dimensional geometry.
  • Our spelling test will be this Wednesday--new words will come home on Thursday and we will have our final spelling test next Wednesday May 16.
  • This Thursday will be the PTA's final reading awards in our classroom at 3:00.   I will inform you if your child will be receiving an award.  A note will be put into their folders or I will send an e-mail.
  • Our final 4th quarter first grade awards will be on Tuesday, May 15 at 3:00 in the cafeteria.  I will inform you via e-mail if your child will be receiving an award at that ceremony.
  • It's getting close to our 100-book challenge end date.  I will not accept lists after May 16--the following day we will have our pizza picnic in our classroom. 
  • Our DIBELS test was last week--I will send those results home in an end-of-the-year packet.  I was pleased with most of my students progress.  Please continue to read with your child over the summer, especially if their scores were not in the "green" range. 
  • Our final two Sight word soldier pass of days will be this Friday, May 11 and the following Monday May 13.  Thanks to Phoenix's mom for taking this on for our class! 
  • Library books are due this this--we go on Wednesday!!! Kids that have turned in all of their books and/or paid the replacement fee will receive a free book. Take-home books are now due.  A few of you have not returned those books--I sent an e-mail to those that haven't turned those in yet.  Please do that ASAP or pay the $5.00 replacement fee. If every year we had several books from each class not returned or replaced imagine how our library would look.  Please help keep our library fully stocked!
We walked to the park today for our "behavior reward".  It was a beautiful day and the kids deserved it!! We will have two more weeks where I will send home behavior charts home on Friday, please continue to be diligent in asking about these and checking them over.

Thanks for helping to make this year a great one!  I can't believe we are so close to the end.  Have a great night--and Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment