Monday, April 8, 2019

Newsletter April 8 - April 12

I'm making this quick because it's nearly 6:00 and...... (needs no excuse).

Here are this week's happenings:

  • Easter Egg Hunt is this Friday, April 12, at the Canyon Park from 1:00-2:00.  Please help supply plastic filled eggs for this activity (I already sent a note home about this).  I need some parents to help take the eggs and hide them at the park.  Please let me know if you could help with this.  I would need your help at 12:30.  There really isn't another way to do this since I can't leave my class to hide the eggs :)
  • This Thursday is our PTA reading awards.  Notes were sent home on Friday if you child will be receiving an award.
  • When we get back from Spring break we will have a Field Trip to SUU for BARD's birthday bash.  We will walk to SUU arriving around 1:00 and returning by 3:00.  I NEED a volunteer to walk over to SUU with us and back.  Please let me know if you could help.  I will send home a formal note about this field trip.  
  • Our math test for Chapter 7 will be tomorrow.  We are doubling up a bit on math from now until the end of the year.  We will be starting our new unit on adding and subtracting two-digit numbers but I'll be doubling up with telling time to the hour and half hour and measurement this month.
  • We just finished our Fairy Tales unit and will be starting an American history unit.  We'll learning about The Boston Tea Party, The Legend of Betsy Ross, and about American symbols among other points in our early history. 
  • We will start our final unit in reading this week also.  We will be learning new ways to spell long vowels (ai, ay, oa) and reading out of a new book called Kay and Martez.  Our final reading test (DIBELS) will be on April 30--keep working at home--we can do this!!  
  • Today I sent home two grade print outs.  One is for the 3rd quarter (final grades) and one is for the 4th quarter up until now.  If you have any questions about these please either send me an e-mail or send back the printout with your questions on them.  These are yours to keep.
  • I hope that you all have a nice Spring break.  Remember that we are off of school all next week.  School will resume on Monday, April 22.  Watch the weather this week please as it's been super warm today, but it's supposed to cool off considerably by Wednesday again so send your child with jackets if necessary.  That reminds me the lost and found items have been placed on the stairs in the lunchroom.  If your child is missing a coat, jacket, gloves etc. please have them look for them this week as all items left will be donated.  You wouldn't believe the amount of coats/jackets etc. that get left here at the school.  
Happy Reading!
Mrs. Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment