Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Newsletter February 10 - February 14

I am going to make this short and sweet today.  I am running to get bags so we can make our Valentine's day bags (thanks for sending 50 cents to help with those) and my son has a basketball game tonight (maybe you have heard about my Luke who helps in my classroom).

So here goes:

  • Our Valentine's day party will be this Friday, Feb. 14 from 1:00-2:00.  I have already received help with the cookies, icing and sprinkles, but if you'd like to come and help you are more than welcome to come.  Students can bring their Valentine's to pass out that day.  We will pass them out during the party.
  • PTA reading awards are this Thursday, Feb. 13 at 3:00 in our classroom.  Notices were sent home today in your child's folder if they will be receiving an award.
  • If you have any Box Tops send them by Friday.  The class with the most will receive a donut party.
  • Scholastic book orders went home today.  They will be due next Wednesday, Feb. 19.  Order online it's the easiest!
  • 100-book challenge notes were sent home yesterday. Bentley, Austin and Addison are already on the board with 10 books each!  If you have questions about that (it's optional by the way) please send me an e-mail or text through REMIND.  I know you have a lot to do to track with reading.  Calendar, blue notes in their book bags, and PTA bookmarks and this might feel like just one more thing, but every year I am amazed at all of the books that my students read and if your child is reading their take-home books it's a piece of cake to complete.  Remember you can back track starting on January 21 using the purple note inside your child's take-home book bag is a good way to remember the titles of the books.  
  • I'll fill you in more on curriculum next week.  Just know that we are reading, writing, doing  math daily and learning about animal habitats :)
Don't forget that it's President's Day Holiday next Monday.  Have a nice three-day weekend!

Happy Reading,
Mrs. Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment