Monday, February 13, 2012

Newsletter February 13-17

It has been one of those days.  I totally forgot at lunch to load your child's folder with all of their Monday stuff.  I realized too, that I haven't sent home a February reading chart.  All of the Monday stuff, including the spelling words, sight words, new poem, and the February reading record will come home tomorrow, Tuesday, February 14.

Today we decorated our Valentine cans. Thank you for donating fun stickers and things to decorate them with.  Tomorrow we will have our little Valentine's Day party at 1:15.  We will decorate sugar cookies, deliver Valentine's and watch a Charlie Brown Valentine's day DVD.  Remember to have your child bring Valentine's for all of the students in my classroom. 

On Thursday, watch for our 100-Book challenge to come home.  This is a great incentive for your children to read more, but it won't add anything to your nightly homework schedule.

I just love teaching first grade!!  I hope you have a nice long weekend.  I will, that is if I can remember :),  send home spelling words on Friday, since it is a short week.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment