Monday, February 27, 2012

Newsletter February 27-March 2

I sent home SEP appointment times today.  Please send those back as soon as possible.  If you cannot make your scheduled time, please write another day and time that would work for you. I look forward to meeting with all of you.  Remember that during SEP week, school dismisses at 2:30 every day, including Wednesday.

I found two spelling and words of the week lists after school. They did not get into someone's backpack. That means a couple of students did not bring home their new spelling words.  Check your child's backpack and send me a note if your child did not receive them.   I did not get new poems out today either.  With CHS basketball all weekend, I didn't get much done.  I will have new poems tomorrow, Tuesday, February 28. 

This week we are celebrating Dr. Seuss'  birthday all week with literacy activities.  Today we read The Cat in the Hat Comes Again. We will then read The Cat in the Hat and compare and contrast the two stories.  We will also enjoy green eggs and ham later this week.  We started our Force and Motion science lessons today.  I have a bunch of inquisitive scientists in this classroom.  It's fun to teach them!

Congratulations to Jazlyn!!  She has read over 25 books!  She is on her way to reaching the 100-Book goal!  Tylan and Preston are working hard at it too.  I hope you have seen the note I sent home regarding this challenge.  It is a great motivator to help your child want to read.  It will not add any more to your nightly schedule.

Yay!  for Coy too!  He was our classroom's Catch the Vision award winner for February.  Coy is such a great student and brings a lot of fun to our classroom!

Have a great day and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment