Monday, March 26, 2012

Newsletter March 26-30

We are going on our walking field trip to SUU this Thursday to see Peter Pan.  We have a few extra tickets and I would love having a parent come and walk with us.  If you could come please let me know.  It is really nice to have an adult at the end of the line as we walk over.  We, remember will leave here at 9:15 and be back before lunch.

I sent home permission slips for our Easter Egg hunt today. It will be next Tuesday, April 3 at 2:00. Please sign and return those.  I also sent home a note about sending plastic Easter eggs.  If you could please help us by sending 12 plastic candy- filled eggs. I have  had a couple of students already bring eggs. They brought pre-filled eggs.  That might make it a bit easier for you if you send that type.  For the Easter egg hunt, I could also use some parents to help take the eggs over to the park earlier and help "hide" them.  With six classes of first graders, we will have hundred of eggs.  If you could help there too, please let me know.  I would need you around 1:30 to help with that.

We are continuing with our Map unit.  Today we talked about directions.  Ask your child about "Never, Eat Soggy Waffles" and see if they can remember why we learned that.  On Thursday, watch for the Flat Stanley assignment to come home.  Our class loved the book, Flat Stanley so much that we are now reading Stanley, Flat Again!

Keep reading for our 100-Book challenge!  We have 35 more school days left to complete that incentive.  I will cut it off on Friday, May 18.

Have a wonderful day and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment