Saturday, March 3, 2012

Newsletter March 5-9

It is SEP this week.  School will dismiss every day at 2:30 including Wednesday. I look forward to meeting with all of you.

I will  not send home a poem this week for our Poetry Performances.  With shortened days, and two birthdays, we will not have time to fit them in this week. Keep reading and keeping track of the books that your child reads for our 100-book challenge.  Remember that the lists of books need a parents signature for me to count them. February Reading records were due March 1. The March reading record has been sent home. If you haven't sent the January reading record please send that also.

We had a fun time last week celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday.  I made, and my students tried green eggs and ham on Friday.  I had students standing in line for seconds and thirds!  I will post pictures soon!

In science, we will finish up our unit on Force and Motion.  We have talked about push and pull. This week  we will discuss, write about, and experience the different ways objects can move.  We will be doing this using hot wheels.  Thanks for those that have sent hot wheels.  With  so many boys in my class this year, I thought I could find a few to borrow.  We will then learn about Newton's 3 Laws of Motion.  Like I have said before this class is full of inquisitive, smart scientists.  They amaze me!

It is Grandparents lunch this Tuesday, March 6 at 11:30.  Your child's grandparent is welcome to eat lunch with your child that day.

I will see you all this week.  Don't forget about the Book Fair in the library and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment