Monday, April 16, 2012

Newsletter April 16-20

Today we finished an art, writing and math activity on "How to blow a bubble".  On Friday, we all tried to blow a bubble and graphed our results.  Today we wrote a  "How to" piece on blowing bubbles, and finished with an art project.  We are continuing with our map unit this week.  It is taking longer than I anticipated.  Jagger's Flat Stanley was the first one to arrive back in our classroom.  His Flat Stanley visited Colorado Springs. 

I sent home April book orders today.  They will be due this Friday, April 20.  There are several wonderful non-fiction titles available this time.  Especially titles that will complement our unit on soil, seeds, and plants.

I wanted to make you aware of two activities that we will be having at the end of May.  One is swimming at the Aquatic Center on May 18.  This will be our Field Day activity.  In order for this to work, we need at least four parents from our classroom to come and swim with us.  Yes, I mean put on your swimming suit and get in the water.  The other is our Reading Picnic the last day of school, May 25, at 1:00.  I will send more information home on these two activities.  I just wanted to let you know now so that if you needed to make  arrangements at work.

Several children are coming to school before 8:30.  Please do not bring your children to school before 8:30.  They will not be supervised.  I use that time for prep and sometimes I am in meetings.  Please read the following letter from Mr. Burton regarding this matter:

A note from the Principal
Dear Parents,

I would like to ask for your support in helping us address the issue of students arriving at school too early.  We ask that students not arrive earlier than 8:30 AM.  This allows for appropriate supervision for the students and ample time for teachers and staff to prepare for the day.  I would like to express my appreciation to you for your willingness to support us with this issue. 

Sincerely,

Steve Burton
Principal, East Elementary
 
Thanks for all that you do for your child's education.  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment