Monday, April 30, 2012

Newsletter April 30-May 4

It might feel like the first day of school again with the amount of notes in your child's backpack today.  It is that time of year!  Please make sure that you read all of the information about our upcoming field trips.

For the swimming field trip, we need at least four parents from our classroom to join us.  That means put on a suit and swim with the kids.  I especially need male volunteers from my classroom since I have so many boys and will not be able to accompany them in the locker room. Please let me know if you can help.

I hope that you saw the note about pictures of your child.  I take several pictures each year, and this year have decided to give you the option of ordering a CD of all of the pictures.  If you would like one, send $4.00 in an envelope with your child's name on it.  I will not take orders after Friday, May 18. 

We will be having a Reading Picnic in our classroom on the last day of school at 1:00.  Parents are invited and encouraged to come.  Put this on your calendar!! You can take your child home with you afterwards or they can stay until school is dismissed that day.

We have four more weeks left of school.  I will continue with spelling words for the next three weeks.  We will not have spelling the last week of school.  I have also told my students that I will give them 10 minutes in class to finish the math homework side of their worksheet.  So your child may not have math homework for the rest of the year either.  Ask them though, if they have any because if they don't use that in class time wisely they will still have homework.  All work will be due Friday, May 18th including the May Reading Record.  I will send that home with your child tomorrow.  Please continue to read with your child each night.  Our final DIBELS test will be this Wednesday, May 2.  I will contact you if I feel that we should meet after their scores are out.

Congratulations to Kason and Kaydence.  They are the newest members of our 100-book challenge club.  We have 14 more school days for your child to complete this challenge!

My Flat Stanley bulletin board is getting fuller each day.  Bryce's Flat Stanley visited his grandparents in Mountain Home, Utah.  We found out that Mountain Home only has one tiny store in the whole town.

All library books will be due, Thursday May 17th.  All of the students that have their books returned or have paid for lost books will receive a free book to take home.  Please help our librarian, we lose countless, valuable books every year.  Also, please make sure that your child has money in their lunch accounts.  They will not be allowed to charge lunches.

Wow, this was lengthy.  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment