Monday, September 24, 2012

Newsletter September 25-28

I can't believe that it is the last week of September already.  I also can't believe that SEP conferences are next week. Time flies when you are having fun!  Please look in your child's homework folder or backpack today for an assigned conference time.  Return the signed sheet as soon as possible.  If you need to reschedule your time, please include a time that would work better for you on the sheet.  During SEP week, school will dismiss every day at 2:30 including Early out Wednesday.

This Thursday we are starting our small reading groups.  Some of my students will also participate in reading intervention groups with our highly qualified reading aides.  I will let you know at your child's conference if he or she will be in a reading intervention group.

This Friday, I will test all students on Sight Word List #2.  Please  help your child study these words.  Of course if you child has already passed that list off, I will not retest them.  The September Reading record will be due October 1st. It is worth 100 points.  I hope you are reading every night with your child.  I have some students say, "we don't have homework tonight?"  I remind them that we always have reading homework ( 20 minutes every school night).

This week we are wrapping up our Seasons unit.  We are creating a "Seasons of the Apple Tree" book.  We are also writing an opinion piece about "Our favorite season".  Our common core objective is asking and answering questions to clarify meaning in text.  We will be asking and learning about questioning sentences. 

Have a great Fall week and Happy Reading!  I will see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment