Monday, October 8, 2012

Newsletter October 8 - 12

It was great to meet with all of you last week.  I hope you know that my door is always open to questions or concerns.  I love teaching your children!

This week I will start sending home the "Moon Log" book that I showed at SEP conferences.  The moon is rising very late at this point in the month so if your child cannot see it at night have them look for it in the morning.  I am the first "moon watcher" and I didn't see it last night, but this morning at 7:30 a.m I was able to see it.  Remember to have your child bring the "Moon Bag" back the very next day, so that another anxious student can have their turn and we can graph the moon phase into our individual calendars.

Tomorrow we are going on our walking Field Trip to the SUU Braithwaite Gallery.  We will leave the school at approximately 12:40 p.m. and return after 3:00 p.m. Make sure that you have signed your child's permission slip for this field trip.

On Wednesday, we are going to start our Apple Head Witches.  If you haven't already sent an apple with your child please send it by Wednesday.  If you could donate black felt, or Halloween print fabric I would appreciate it.  You can send the felt or fabric by Friday, October 26.

Please notice a couple of schedule changes from last week on my sidebar.  The Fall Carnival and AR assembly dates have been changed.  The schedule that I have now is corrected.

I will send home October Scholastic Book orders tomorrow. I will include a recommendations list and the online code.  They will be due next Wednesday, October 17.  The best way to order is using the online code (found on the sidebar of this blog), but you can also send back the order with a check made out to Scholastic.  If you order online your child will receive a $5.00 coupon that can be used for a book the next month.

October is an exciting month for first graders. This month we will concentrate on the moon phases, pumpkins and spiders.  We will be doing writing activities based around those  topics.

Please continue to read with your child every night!!  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment