Monday, May 12, 2014

Newsletter May 12 - 16

What a crazy weather weekend!  When I arrived here this morning, our trusty custodians were busily taking care of the many fallen branches from our large trees.  By the time lunch break rolled around they were cleared up and the kids were safely playing outside.

This is  the last week that I will accept late work.  All work, including the May reading record will be due this Friday, May 16.  I will come in this weekend and work on grades, and also print out our reading test results.  I will send home grades and those test scores next Monday or Tuesday.  This Friday is also our last day to turn in 100-book challenge lists.  So far, I have had four stalwart, wonderful readers reach that mark--Jentri, Angela, Kean, and Brendan.  We will celebrate with them next Monday and I will call the newspaper and let you know next week when they will be featured in the paper!

Our take-home library is now complete.  No more books (in bag) will be sent home.  If your child has lost their book, please send $5.00 to replace that book.  All library books need to returned this week too.  Our library day is Friday, and all students that have both of their books returned on that date will be able to pick out a free book to take home.

I sent home a Field Day permission slip today.  All of the first grade classes will be going up to Canyon Park to walk on the trail, and play on the playground.  We will then return to school that day and have a school-wide BBQ for lunch.  Please sign and return that permission slip before Friday.  It's supposed to be warming up by then, so we of course will have water for the students as they walk up the trail.

Our PTA Walk-A-Thon will be this Thursday, at 9:30 a.m.  I sent home donation information last week.  All students who turn in donations will be given a coupon for a FREE shaved ice from the Tiki Shack. 

Don't forget to turn in all work by this Friday!  I will test on the final Sight Word List #11 this Friday also.

As we only have 9 more days left of school, I wanted to let all of you know how much I've appreciated YOUR CHILD in my class this year.  I have thoroughly enjoyed each child, and have loved this class.  They are delightful students and will forever be imprinted in my heart!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment