Monday, May 19, 2014

Newsletter May 19 - 23

It's the last week of school.  I honestly can't believe it!  I've said that before, but this year has gone by so quickly.  I love all of these wonderful students that have become "my kids".  Thank you for sharing them with me, and helping them with their education at home.  I hope that you all have a wonderful summer.

If your child has not returned their library books or Take-home library books yet, please search for those and return them before the end of the school year.  We lose so many books, and with tightened budgets it difficult to replace those lost books.

We will not have spelling words this week, and today we took our final math test.  I will get grade out, along with reading test results, and hopefully 2nd grade classroom placements by this Thursday. 

For the last day of school, I would like to have some ice cream bars or sandwiches after lunch.  If you could help send a box of ice cream sandwiches or your child's favorite ice cream bars please send those by Thursday, May 22.  School dismisses at 2:30 on Friday! I could also use donated Clorox wipes to help in our Friday cleaning efforts.  If you could help by sending clorox wipes that would be greatly appreciated also. 

Our 100-book challenge recipients are: Brendan, Kate, Kean, Angela and Jentri.  I plan on submitting their picture to the Iron County Today newspaper.  I will e-mail you when I get a response on when they will be in the paper.  Congratulations to these wonderful hard-working readers!

I hope that you will continue to read with your child over the summer.  Take advantage of the summer reading program at the library.  Giving your child the head start they need for 2nd grade is invaluable. 

See you next year and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment