Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Newsletter September 15 - 19

It's been a little hectic this week as I have been home not feeling well.  I think the students were in good hands with the two subs that I had. 

I have sent home math homework still--thank you for doing that.  Please make sure that you help your child remember to put their name on that homework.  It is nearly impossible for me to decifer numbers in handwriting.  If there is a no name I just give the grade of 0. 

If you child is absent I will send home their morning work, and another other work that they miss.  I will write HW on top of it and date so you you will be aware that it is homework.  I still hope you are practicing sight words with your child and reading every night.  Our new and improved Take home library will start next week.  Please send back the portion of the Take home library letter so that I can start your child (coral paper).

Next week our reading groups will start.  I will inform you at SEP conferences if you child will be attending a reading intervention group.  Some of my students will also have additional help in math, and I will let you know if you child will receive that extra intervention as well.  I am going to try a new format with math and would love some volunteers as I get it off the ground or help all year would be great.  If you could help starting next Tuesday, Thursday or Friday at 1:00-2:15 I would appreciate it.  Send me an e-mail if you would like to.  I will let you know about reading volunteer opportunities soon.  My guess is that I will start using reading volunteers in October.  Remember that time is from 9:00-10:30 every day except for Wednesday.

It is picture day this Friday.  If you would like to purchase pictures please send back the picture form.

No comments:

Post a Comment