Monday, December 8, 2014

Newsletter December 8 -12

Today I sent home a note regarding our Gingerbread house construction.  We will be doing that next Wednesday, December 17th at 9:30 a.m.  Ben's mom has graciously offered to help that morning.  I would still love more volunteers to help that morning.  Please send me an e-mail if you could help.

 On the note, I also mentioned the $1.00 secret gift.  We will be starting those this Wednesday.  Thank you for helping your child "earn" $1.00 for this little gift.

This week we will continue our Gingerbread stories compare and contract unit.  We will be making Rudolph :), finishing up with Unit 4 in math (I plan on testing on Unit 4 next Monday).  As always, will have reading groups in the morning.  I hope that you are continuing to read every night with your child and practicing their sight words.  When we get back in January, we will shortly take the second portion of the DIBELS reading test.  Knowing sight words automatically will greatly increase your child's fluency rate.

Thank you to Dane for brining two packages of pencil-top erasers today!  I wrote in my letter to Santa that I wanted more of those :)  Thank you too for sending items to help with our Gingerbread houses.  This is a such a fun activity, and wouldn't be possible without help from you!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment