Monday, October 26, 2015

It's Red Ribbon Week!  I hope that you all saw the flier I sent home last Friday outlining this "Say No to Drugs" week.  Today the students signed a pledge to be "Drug Free" and were given a red wristband.  They are encouraged to try and keep that red wrist band on all week.  We were privileged to hear two presentations about the benefits of being drug free and resiliency.  Ask your child about the balloon analogy presented by Mr. Loveless. Tomorrow your child can dress up as  "hero".  Please talk with your child about what a hero really is (this isn't just a day to dress up in their Halloween costume).  On Wednesday, we all are encouraged to wear red. The essay/art contest is optional, but is due on Thursday.

Last Friday, I also sent home a detailed explanation page about addition strategies.   I hope that this is/was helpful to you as you help your child complete their nightly math homework.  Remember that the Chapter 3 math homework packet is due, Thursday, November 5.

Today begins our second quarter of school.  I will no longer accept late work from quarter one.  I will print off grades and send them home with your child by this Thursday. 

Please continue to be diligent in reading your child's take-home book with them EVERY night.  If you child hasn't passed of sight word List #2, then please make sure they have that ready to pass off by Monday, November 2.  I will test all of my students that day.

Our second annual Halloween costume parade will be this Friday, October 30 at 2:00 pm. You are welcome to come and watch the parade.  Last year the parents were able to sit in the lunchroom as the children paraded through.  I am assuming that we are following that same route, though I haven't heard for sure.  Your child can come to school that day dressed in their costumes. Masks, weapons, or blood and gore are not allowed. 

Have a great week and Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment