Monday, November 23, 2015

Newsletter November 23 - 27

Just a few notes for our short week:

  • Tomorrow is our pajama day and read-a-thon.  Students can wear their pajamas all day, bring a blanket, stuffed animal or small pillow (they will not be allowed in the classroom until our read-a-thon).  Our read-a-thon will begin at 2:00 followed by a little Thanksgiving activity.  We will be making "turkey" cookies out of Oreos.  Thanks for those who have helped send supplies.
  • Math Chapter 4 Homework packet is due.  I had two turned in without names.  I will send home a grade print-out early next week, so please check and make sure your child has that packet turned in and let me know if they don't so that I can figure out whose assignments are missing.
  • I will send home sight word lists (#2 and #3) with students who have not passed them off tomorrow.  I will start testing on List #3 when we return from our Thanksgiving break. 
  •  Our next spelling test will be the day we get back from Thanksgiving break.  I sent home the list of words several days ago.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends.  Travel safely!  One of the things that I am most thankful for is my 23 darling first graders that I have the privilege of teaching everyday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment