Monday, April 25, 2016

Newsletter April 25 - April 29

Today I sent home a permission/information sheet about our two upcoming May Field Trips (Aquatic Center and St. George Children's Museum).  Please sign and return that by this Friday, April 29. I need three more adults for each field trip.  Please consider attending one or both of these field trips with us.

Here are this week's happenings:
  • This week is our last week for Reading interventions.  Next week is our final DIBELS testing on Thursday, May 9.  I am excited to see the progress! I'm amazed at my little readers!
  • We have started our Unit on Animal Habitats.  On Friday, we discussed what is necessary for a "good habitat" (food, water, and shelter).  Today we explored the Arctic Habitat.  My students loved learning about the different animals that inhabit this cold habitat and the adaptions needed to survive.
  • Tomorrow we will have our Math Chapter 10 test. The math homework packet is also due!  We will start Chapter 11 on Thursday.  I will send a new homework packet home that day.
  • Many of my students have overdue library books.  I will send home a late notice this week.  Please look for is (on yellow paper) and return those missing books or pay for them.  If you need to pay for them please do so in the office and Mrs. Scholes will give our librarian the receipt.
  • On Wednesday, I will send home the final Scholastic book order for the year.  I will include, April, May and a summer reading flier.  If you would like to order books please order by Wednesday, May 4.  That way the books will get back in before school dismisses in May.
I will be gone tomorrow afternoon.  We still need to replace the English-side of the dual immersion for first grade.  I will be involved in interviews again that day.  Mrs. Sherrin Rieff will be taking over for Mrs. Vogel.  She has already visited our class twice!!  She'll be a great addition to first grade.

Happy Reading!!  The 100-book challenge ends in four weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment