Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Newsletter May 23 - May 27

I bet your children all get a wonderful nights sleep--we were all exhausted after our trip to the St. George Children's museum today.  Thank you so much to those parents who helped out today--we couldn't do field trips like that without help! 

We have had a wonderful year full of learning.  I have mentioned before how all of my students become "my kids".  I love that "my kids" are reading pros now.  I have had a wonderful year!!

Congratulations to the 100-book challenge kids:  Kollen, Jayleigh, Rieley, Gavyn, Nathan, Jessen, Tena, Jaiger, Logan, Aiden, Rylie, Nick, Sam, Rebecca, and Gavin!!!! We had a great reading picnic yesterday!  I was amazed at the amount of pizza that those little readers ate!  I had to send my husband back to Little Caesars for more :)  I hope that all of these students are here tomorrow (we've had a couple sick) so that I can take their picture and then submit it to the Iron County Today newspaper.  I will send an e-mail or text to those parents whose students will be in the newspaper informing you of the edition date.

Here are a few happenings this final week:
  • Please continue sending your child's blue homework folder.  I keep getting notes to send home about summer activities and I don't want you to miss those.
  • I sent home some 2nd grade math practice sheets yesterday.  These would be helpful to jumpstart math next year and also help with those "I'm bored" days.
  • The reward movie will be this Thursday morning for all those that have returned their library books or paid the late fees.  The movie will be Cars and the PTA is providing popcorn. We will clean out our desks on Thursday so expect a full backpack that day.
  • This Friday, school will dismiss at 2:30.  We will have a final video yearbook assembly in the morning.  Move out desks etc. then watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Mrs. Vogel's class. We are almost finished with the book :) If any of you would like to send treats for that movie we would welcome them. 
Have a wonderful summer!  Enjoy the warm sun and your beautiful children!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment