Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Newsletter May 15 - May 19

I just got on here to edit my post from yesterday and realized that I didn't even save it!  Ugh!  Thank goodness it was short and sweet. 

Here I go again with some noteworthy items for this final full-week of school:
  • DIBELS scores have been sent home--either in the mail or sent home yesterday.  Please ask your child about those.  I will send home a note with final grades on the last day of school giving you my insights and suggestions for summer reading.  If your child wasn't "green" it is especially important that they continue reading in the summer.
  • Today (Tuesday) I will send home a note about some away from the school activities.  You shouldn't be surprised about these as I have been mentioning them for several weeks on this blog.
  • All work is due this Friday--INCLUDING THE MAY READING RECORD!  100-book lists are also due then--I won't accept lists after that date.  The pizza party reading picnic for those that reached this goal will be on Monday, May 22 during lunch.
  • If your child hasn't returned their library books or paid the replacement fee (both regular and take-home) or owe lunch money please do so ASAP.  Students who do not have these turned in will not be able to watch our first grade movie on Tuesday, May 23.  They will go into the cafeteria with reading aides instead.
  • Our last spelling test is Tuesday.  I will give the words in the order that is on this blog (see the right sidebar). We had our last math test yesterday and are wrapping up with both our reading and math units.
  • Today I am sending home a packet of math sheets that you child can work on over the summer.  These will be helpful to jump start your child with 2nd grade math concepts.
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment