Monday, May 22, 2017

Newsletter May 22 - May 24

This newsletter will be brief as this is the final week of school.  Every year I feel a bit melancholy as I close the door, but we've had a great year in first grade.  Thank you for your support and help throughout the year.

Today we had our pizza party for those that read 100-books.  My husband came and he helped make it a lot more fun!  My kids said, "why can't he come all of the time".  I submitted a picture of those who read 100 books and it will be in the Iron County Today newspaper on May 31. 

We also walked to the Library in the Park today and played at the Main Street park afterwards.  The librarian reminded us of the summer reading program.  The kick-off party is at the library on June 3 from 2:00-4:00.  You can sign up anytime though for this program.  I used to do that with my little kids and it was a fun weekly activity to go to the library and keep them reading throughout the summer.

Tomorrow we will clean out our desks so backpacks will be full tomorrow :)  We will watch Charlotte's Web in the morning with Mrs. Rieff's class.  We just finished reading the book today. Whew!  that was close. 

Wednesday, May 24 is our final day of school.  We will have a school-wide assembly/slideshow at 9:00 am that morning.  If you child ordered a yearbook, I would assume it would come home that day, though I haven't heard for sure.  I will also send home fourth quarter grades and promotion cards on Wednesday which will have your child's second grade teacher assignment printed on it.

I hope that you all have a wonderful summer vacation.  I have truly enjoyed my time this year and hope that your child's transition into second grade is a smooth one.


No comments:

Post a Comment