Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Newsletter February 22-25

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend!  This is a short week, so please remember to study the spelling words, dolch words and practice the new poem with your child.

I have some excited readers in my class.  If you haven't read the note about our 100-Book Challenge please look for it in your child's backpack.  I sent it out last Monday, February 14.   Remember that it will take some effort on your part for your child to accomplish this goal, but it is definitely not impossible!  You can send lists of books read on the little sheet that I gave you, or just send me a note with the list of books your child has read.  Remember that their take-home library book counts, as well as the decodeable books that I send home weekly.

SEP week is March 7-11.  I will send home an appointment time next Monday.  This is a great time for us to discuss you child's progress and also to discuss ways we can  improve your child's school performance and experience. 

This is a great period of learning, thanks for all that you do at home to help your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment