Monday, May 23, 2011

Newsletter May 23-27

This is obviously my last post of the year!  I honestly can't believe that we have only four more days left of school.  I have so enjoyed these kids and will miss them, but am excited at the progress they have made and am excited to see them next year as they pass by my room to go to second grade!!


Congratulations to James and Braxton!!  They both have read 100 books (actually a few more).  They along with Maverick, Kade, Zoe, Skylar, Gavin, Raimee, and Dallas will have their picture in the Iron County Today newspaper on June 1.  I am proud of them and all of their hard work and reading.

Speaking of reading, we visited the library this morning and the Summer Reading Program sounds really fun.  They children will receive a passport and can get "souvenirs" for reading a certain number of minutes.  Please encourage your children to read over the summer.  The summer reading program would be a fun incentive to get your child to read. If for some reason your child will not be here on the last day, please let me know so that I can get somebody to fill in for them and I can send their portfolio home earlier.


Have a wonderful summer!!  Thank you for sharing your wonderful children with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment