Monday, May 2, 2011

Newsletter May 2-6

I can't believe that we are wrapping up our year and that on my calendar I now have the last day of school.  We still have four more weeks left so please continue to work hard with your child up until the end of school, I know I will be!

Since we are wrapping up the year, there are a lot of notes in your child's folder today regarding this.  The take-home librarian sent home a note and so did the lunchroom.  Please make sure you look over these and help us get the books back to both the take-home library (books in a bag) and the regular library.  The students will be able to check out books up until May 12th.  All library books will be due for our class on Thursday, May 19th.  Please help Mrs. Clark by getting your books back then.

I sent home a grade print out today.  Please look it over and help your child turn in his or her missing assignments.  If you have any questions about your child's grades please contact me.  April Reading records are due now!!  These are worth 100 points and will it significantly lower your child's percentage if you are not reading at home.  The April record has raindrops on it.  I sent home a May reading calendar today, those will be due on Friday, May 20th.  I will also  stop math homework on May 20th, and we will not have a spelling test on the last week of school.  That way we can wrap things up and I can get report cards finished and sent out.

We have two field trips in May.  On May, 10th we will be going to the Ladybug nursery in the morning.  On May 20th, the first grade team has decided to go to the Aquatic Center for Field Day.  I told my class today and of course they were so excited.  The cost for swimming will be $2.00 per child.  This is as always a donation.  I will need about five parents to help that day and actually "swim" (yes, put  on a swimming suit) with the children.  If you can do that please let me know.

Remember to mark your calendars for the last day of school, May 27th.  That is when we will have our first grade "Reading Picnic".  If you signed up to help on the last day of school party, I will contact you and make a food assignment.  The "picnic" will be at 1:00. 

A big "hooray!" for Raimee and Ngalu.  Raimee has read 100 books and Ngalu was the first one to bring back her Flat Stanley!  He "visited" Concord California which is 770 miles away from Cedar City.  Please help your child send their Flat Stanley if you haven't already.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment