Monday, May 9, 2011

Newsletter May 9-13

We had a great time learning about the life cycle of a chicken with our classroom chicks.  We had a class vote, and named them Chloe and Fuzzy.  I think I was almost as excited about them hatching as the children were.

We will be going to the Ladybug nursery tomorrow.  As we were reminded today, Cedar City weather can be unpredictable.  Watch the weather tomorrow and send a jacket with your child if necessary.  I have not had any brave souls volunteer to come swimming with us on Friday, May 20th.  We really need several parents to help out on that day.  Please let me know if you plan on coming.  Remember the cost for swimming is a $2.00 donation.  If your child has a pass they can bring that instead.

Please continue to read with your child and to help them with their math homework.  We are covering some topics in math at the end of the year that need to be reinforced at home.  As I mentioned before, May reading records will be due on Friday May, 20th.  I will also stop math homework then and we will not have  spelling test during the last week of school.  I will NOT accept late work after Monday, May 23rd.  I need to get everything in the computer so that I can get report cards and final grades printed.

We have only had three Flat Stanley's come back.  Thank you to those who spent an extra few minutes helping your child send these!!

Congratulations to Skylar, Maverick, Dallas and Gavin!  They have all read 100 books.  I am so impressed!!  We still have two more weeks to reach this goal, I know some of my students have read at home, but I need to notes signed and returned to verify this.

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment