Monday, September 12, 2011

Newsletter September 12-16

We started our first grade, "Walk to Read" groups today.  This will take a few days to sort out, as the students will be traveling to different teachers. PLEASE make sure that your child is on time for school.  It will be a big disruption if you child walks in late for reading groups and they will miss out on valuable instruction.  Let me know if you have any questions about this and if you want to know where you child will be during the Literacy  Block.  I will talk to at SEP conferences the first week in October, but if you want to know earlier I would be happy to give you any needed details. Thanks to those parents that are helping with our "Walk to Read" program.  If you would like to help out and haven't signed up, let me know.  I could also use parent volunteers in my classroom on Wednesday mornings.  That day we do not travel to read, we stay together in my classroom.

Last week, I mentioned that I would be sending home poems in your child's poetry journal this week.  With reading groups starting, I did not get to them like I planned.  I will definitely start sending home poems next Monday, September 19th.  This is the day that math homework will start also.

On Tuesday, September 13th our Take-Home library books will start coming home (books in a bag), I have a few of you that haven't signed the permission slip for this program.  I am including a new permission slip in your child's backpack today.  Please sign this and return it as soon as possible so that your child can participate in this program. 

New spellings words and decodeable books are in your child's backpack today.  Thanks for studying the spelling words with your child and for having your child read the decodeable books nightly.

Have a great week and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment