Monday, September 19, 2011

Newsletter September 19-23

Today we are starting three new homework items. I have started sending home math homework. It is side B of their math worksheet.  Please check on the sidebar of this blog because some days we do not have math homework.  The homework side of the math is pretty much identical to what we have done in class (different numbers or scenarios of course).  Please help you child with this and return it the next day. I know we all get hectic and if for some reason you can't get the homework done, please send it in as soon as possible.  It will be worth 5 points on your child's math grade.  I have also included a spelling homework sheet.  Please have your child write the spelling words and return it by Friday.  Last week, the results of our spelling test were not as high as the previous three weeks, so I wanted to give some extra practice at home.  I have also sent home your child's poetry journal.  Please help your child read their poem (include this in their nightly reading) and return the folder on Friday for our Poetry Performances. Please encourage your child so read these poems with expression. I will have all of the students that have the same poem recite it together.  Then, I will have any children that have memorized their poem recite it.  Memorizing the poem is optional, but last year many of my students likes to the challenge of memorizing it and performing it on their own. I will send home this poetry journal every Monday, and it will be due every Friday.

Take-home books will now come home Monday-Friday.  Please remember to initial on the slip by the book.  I am excited that most of you are faithfully taking advantage of our take-home library books.

The fluoride rinse program will start this Wednesday morning.  If you did not send in a permission slip for this program your child will not be asked to "swish" the fluoride.  If you want your child to do this, please send in a permission note and I will let the SUU dental students know.

Remember that school pictures as this Wednesday, September 21.  I sent home an envelope last week.  If you don't choose to purchase a package your child's picture will still be taken.

Thanks for all of the help that you give your child at home.  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment