Monday, November 28, 2011

Newsletter November 28-December 2

Welcome back!  I hope that you all had a restful Thanksgiving holiday filled with love from family.  We are going to dive right into Christmas  activities since it is already that time of year.  Today we started writing notes to Santa.  We talked about the elements of a note and what they should include in their letters to Santa.  I told them that I have a Santa "hook-up"  I know right where to send the letters so that they will receive one back. On Friday, we will be doing a literature, writing/art activity based on the book, Santa's Stuck.

Today I sent home Christmas poems for our Friday performances.  Please help your child with these at night.  I also sent home a new spelling list, sight words, and spelling homework.  The spelling homework remember is due on Friday.  Please make sure that you have your child put their names on that homework.  I have had several children forget lately.  Most of the time I can figure out whose handwriting it is, but sometimes it's tough. The November reading record is due on Thursday, December 1.  I will send home the December Reading record on that date.

I sent home December Scholastic book orders today.  They will be due this Friday, December 2 so that the orders can be back before our Christmas break.  If you would like me to save your order for Christmas presents let me know.  You can use the online code which is the easiest way to order or you can send the order back with a check made out to Scholastic.

On Wednesday, look for your child's grade printout.  Please sign and return the grade print out.  If you have questions about missing assignments please let me know.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment