Monday, November 26, 2012

Newsletter November 26-30

Welcome back from a glorious Thanksgiving break.  I missed my cute first graders!

We are getting right back to work.  I sent home spelling words today and will now include two dictation sentences for our test on Friday.  We will have math homework everyday this week, as I want to finish up Topic 4 this week, then review next Monday, and test next Tuesday. If you ever have questions about the math homework, please don't hesitate to e-mail me.  I know some of it is not self-explanatory.  I check my e-mail frequently and will usually get right back to you.  I will test all students that have not passed off Sight Word List #4 this Friday, November 30.  If you need another List #4 let me know and I will send one home with your child.  This is the last week for November home reading. The November Home Reading Record will be due Monday, December 3.

Please send your child everyday with their homework folder.  That way I know their homework or notes are being placed in a "safe" place.  I know some of them are totally falling apart.  I will get some new ones for those folders that are completely torn.  We are still waiting for the sturdy East Elementary folders.  Hopefully they will arrive soon!

This week we will finish our Pilgrim writing that we didn't get to last week.  We will write about what Pilgrims are, what Pilgrims have, and what Pilgrims can do.  We will also learn about the elements of a friendly letter so that we can start our letters to Santa.  I have to deliver our Santa letters to my secret elves at Cedar High School by December 4 :)

In science we are still continuing our moon phase unit until all of my students take the moon bag home.  Thanks to those that have completed that assignment and returned the moon bag the very next day.  After all of my students have had an opportunity to take the moon bag home, we will create the moon phases using Oreo cookies.

I am including some photos from our Thanksgiving Turkey Cookie party.  Thanks to Mrs. Terry, Mrs. Akans and Mrs. Adams for helping out!  Enjoy the chocolate smiles and Happy Reading!






Cayla has tasty fingers!













Alvin's finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment