Monday, March 18, 2013

Newsletter March 18 - 22

Today is the first day of the 4th quarter.  I will get grades printed on Wednesday and will send them home with your child on Thursday.

The Scholastic book order is due this Wednesday, March 20.  Some of you have already ordered online already, I will place the order on Thursday, March 21. 

Alec and Cason have been reading towards our 100-book challenge.  They have each read 80 books.  They are so close to the goal.  Remember that I will end the challenge on Friday, May 17th. 

We just finished the book Flat Stanley.  My students really enjoyed his adventures.  As a follow up to this book, I will be sending home a Flat Stanley assignment.  Look for it early next week.

This Thursday, March 21st, is the Science Fair and Spring Art Show.  You are welcome to come to the school at 6:30 and observe the wonderful science fair projects, as well as look at the art from each classroom that will cover the gym walls. 

I sent home a Field Trip permission slip last week about our Easter Egg Hunt on Tuesday, March 26.  Thanks to those that have already sent candy-filled Easter eggs for our hunt.  Remember we asked for a donation of 12 candy-filled eggs.  Please send those with your child this week and THANK YOU!

Today is my birthday and your children, my students, have been so cute and kind as they wished me Happy Birthday, numerous times.  I am a lucky teacher!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment