Monday, October 14, 2013

Newsletter October 14 - 16

We are going on our walking Field Trip tomorrow to SUU.  We will visit the Braithwaite Art gallery and the Frehner Natural History museum.  We are leaving East Elementary at 12:40 and will return at approximately 3:20.  I hope the weather stays nice, but please send a jacket with your child as it is cool.  If it is raining, or snowing (please not yet!) we will not walk to SUU. Several students have not returned their permission slip for this field trip.  It is on coral paper and I need that tomorrow (Oct. 15) in order to take your child with us.

We will not have spelling words this week due to the shortened week.  Have a great break!  Remember that we will not have school on Thursday, Friday or the following Monday (Oct. 17,18 and 21).

We have 32 ipods in our classroom.  We use these mostly to listen to books during our literacy block in the morning.  The kids love this activity, and it's very beneficial as they follow the print and listen to someone else read to them.  I have many books that I switch out every month.  One of those ipods is missing.  I really feel like it's been misplaced, but my hunch could be wrong.  Would you please talk with your child and see if they took that ipod home with them and have them return it?  I would hate for that privilege to be taken away from our class because of missing ipods.  The ipod would have a sticker on the back stating it is the property of the Iron County school district, and the #2 on the back.  Thanks for talking to your children about this, and returning the ipod if found.

The October Scholastic book order will be due this Wednesday, October 16th.  That date is the end of the 1st quarter, so all work needs to be handed in by that date also.  I will not accept late 1st quarter work after that date.

On Friday, October 25th at 1:30 we will have a Dad's and Pumpkin Carving day in our classroom.  I would love any Dads, Grandpas, Uncles, etc. to come and help carve pumpkins with our class.  I know that it's not possible for all Fathers to come, so I will divide the students up and have one Dad take a group of students.  Please contact me through e-mail or note and let me know if you will be able to carve pumpkins that day.  If you are planning on coming, please supply one pumpkin for carving and then you will be able to take that pumpkin home.  

Again, have a great break and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment