Monday, January 13, 2014

Newsletter January 13 -17

Welcome to the 3rd quarter of school.  We are halfway through the school year.  I can't believe it!

Tomorrow morning right at 9:00 a.m. my class will be given the DIBELS reading test.  Please help your child by getting them to bed early, and offering them a good breakfast.  I will send home those results as soon as I can after the test.

Please look for a blue note in your child's homework folder today.  It has a Reader's theater part attached to it.  We will start working on that reader's theater tomorrow.  Please help them with their part at home.  We will practice many times in class, but any practice at home will be helpful.  Remember that we will perform this reader's theater on Thursday, January 30th at 6:00 p.m. for Curriculum Night.

The Scholastic book orders that I have sent home will be due this Friday, January 17th.

I have printed your child's grades for the second quarter and I will send those home tomorrow.  Please look over those and if you have any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail or note.

I was very happy with the spelling test results from last week.  Please continue to help your child study the spelling words at home.

Today we had theater class with Mr. Seeley.  The kids were able to improve their communication techniques with puppets.  They LOVED it!  I wish I would have brought my camera to take pictures.  We are lucky to have Mr. Seeley in our school.

We  have two new students, Alayse Johnson joined us today from Three Peaks Elementary, and Preston Williams will join us shortly.  I love how wonderful my students are with new classmates.  They bring them right into our classroom family immediately, through kindness and acceptance.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment