Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Newsletter January 21 - 24

I hope that you all had a nice three day weekend.  I honestly can't believe how nice the weather has been in January this year, I think we might pay for it in May.

Today I sent home a 100-day homework assignment.  It should be in your child's homework folder or backpack.  I will show my class an example of this assignment tomorrow in class.  This assignment will be due on Monday, January 27th (the 100th day of school).  If you have any questions about this assignment please don't hesitate to contact me.  Look for our 100-book challenge information to come home next week.

We have been practicing our Water Cycle Reader's theater.  The kids are doing a great job.  Remember that we will be performing this during Curriculum Night on January 30, at 6:00 pm. right here in our classroom.  I have not had anyone tell me that their child will be absent that night, please let me know so I can plan accordingly.

Tomorrow we will review for our math test #6.  The students will be tested on Unit 6 this Thursday.  Please make sure that you are caught up with unit 6 homework so that it helps them for the test on Thursday. 

Most of my students have been given the DIBELS reading test.  I will print of their results tomorrow during Early Out and send the results home with your child on Thursday.  If you have questions about these results I would be happy to talk to you about them, through e-mail or in person. 

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment