Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10 - 14

We got a new student today Bob Dutchie has joined our ranks.  He's a great student and I'm happy to have him in our class.  I sent home a new Valentine's Day letter today, with his name added to the list.  Instead of 20 students we now have 21 students.  Our party will be this Friday, at 1:30.  Your child can bring Valentine cards to share with the class, but please make sure that every student receives a Valentine and/or treat.  Thanks to Taylor's mom for supplying the heart-shaped cookies and icing and to Taryn and Willow for sending sprinkles.  If you want to send other candy items to help decorate our cookies that would be great.  I am especially looking for more items to decorate our Valentine cans on Thursday (stickers, glitter glue, ribbon etc.). 

Today I was just informed that we need to go to the Bus garage for a bus safety lesson.  We will go this Friday morning at 10:45 and will be back before lunch.  I will send home a permission slip tomorrow.  Please sign and return that permission slip before Friday.  Our Valentine's Day will be a full day!

Another field trip we have to look forward to is the St. George Children's Museum on March 20th.  This will be an all day field trip.  I will need two or three volunteers to come with us on that field trip.  If you would like to come please let me know.  For the field trip we will be eating a sack lunch at the park adjacent to the museum.  I am requesting that all of my students eat a school sack lunch, for convenience.  If you adamantly are opposed to having your child eat a school supplied sack lunch that day please contact me and they can bring a lunch from home.  I need to get an order for the lunches in fairly early so I need a count soon.

I have decided to review for another day before I test on Unit 7 in our Go Math program.  I feel that my students still need some practice with 10 more and 10 less than a number.  I am going to do some review activities tomorrow and test on Wednesday and Thursday.  I am going to do half of the test on Wednesday, and the other half on Thursday.  You will have a little bit of a break with math homework this week.  Please use that extra time and read more!  I'm happy the Jentri, Brendan, Angela, and Anna are on their way to reading 100 books.

We have PE on Monday and Wednesdays.  Please make sure that your child is wearing appropriate shoes  on those days.  This especially applies to the girls in my class.  If they aren't wearing the appropriate shoes sometimes they have to sit out during the activity for the day.

Mr. Burton wanted to me inform all parents of a Dual Immersion meeting this Thursday, February 13 at 5:30 p.m., here are the school.  This is for interested parents, especially those parents with kindergarten students.

Thanks for all that you do to help your child.  I love this week in First grade.  Happy Valentine's Day! Remember that next Monday, February 17 is President's Day holiday.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment