Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Newsletter April 7 - 11

This Thursday we are going on our field to to SUU to watch the Pirates of Penzance play.  I am so sad because I will not be here that day.  East Elementary will be getting a new first grade teacher next year, and Mr. Burton has asked me to sit in on and help with the interviews.  If your child has not sent their permission slip back (yellow paper), please return it by tomorrow!  I don't want my sub to have to worry about missing permission slips.  Please send the $1.00 donation for the play by tomorrow also for the same reason.

Next Tuesday we are having our first grade Easter Egg Hunt.  Thanks to those that have already sent candy-filled eggs for that activity.  Just a reminder that this will occur at the Canyon Park and we've ask for a donation of one dozen candy-filled eggs.  Again, scroll down and read the previous newsletter posts for more information.  I sent home a permission slip for this field trip/activity today.  It is on pink paper.  Please sign that and return it by next Monday.  We need volunteers to help us take the eggs to the park and "hide" them for us (Mrs. Wininger and I).  If you can help that day please let me know.  We would need you by 1:30.

We are finishing up our graphing unit in math this week.  I will test on this unit next Monday or Tuesday before the spring break.  I have put the lessons that we will be doing on the homework section of this blog, but sometimes we may finish the homework in class like we did yesterday.  If your child tells you that they did the homework in class believe them!

We have 30 days of school left!  Spring fever has definitely set in.  Please continue to be diligent with nightly reading with your child.  We will be having our final DIBELS reading assessment the first week in May.  I'm excited as many of my students are moving towards reading 100 books.  Traysen has now reached 40 books!  Many have not turned in their March home reading record.  I will still give your child credit for their reading if you turn it in, but your child will not receive a certificate treat and pizza coupon.  It needs to be turned in the first week of the month for that "reward".

Have a beautiful day and Happy Reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment