Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Newsletter January 20 - 23

I hope you all have a nice three day weekend.  Today we read the book "Martin Luther King's Big Words".  We will continue a discussion and writing opportunities this week about Martin Luther King's life and words of peace, togetherness, and harmony.

I have decided to change the format of Curriculum Night on January 29 at 6:00-7:00p.m  Rather than a Reader's theater performance I will be having an open house that night.  You are welcome to come and visit our classroom anytime during that hour.  I will be happy to talk to you about your wonderful child, and we will have some classroom work on display that night as well.  Then you can enjoy the PTA sponsored multicultural night the rest of the evening. 

The 100th day of school is next Friday, January 30.  I will be sending home a little optional homework assignment for that day.  I say, optional, but most of the kids love this little activity.  Watch for it by the end of this week.  We will also start our 100-book challenge after the 100th day of school.  Watch for information to come home about this fun challenge.

We finished up Unit 5 in math today and I will test tomorrow as well as start Unit 6.  Please help your child with their Chapter 5 Unit Review tonight if possible, as that will help them for the test tomorrow.

The DIBELS reading scores are back.  I was thrilled with the progress of most of my students.  I will send home a printout of your child's scores as soon as I receive them.  If you have any questions regarding those scores please don't hesitate to contact me.  I would be happy to discuss DIBELS scores during Curriculum Night next week.

Have a wonderful evening and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment