Monday, March 14, 2011

Newsletter March 14-18

Thanks for meeting with me last week.  It was great to talk to you about your wonderful child!  Please continue to help your child at home as this is a great time for learning. Remember to include the sight words or Fry phrases in your nightly reading that I gave to you at your conference.

I really can't believe how fast this year is going.  This Friday is the end of the third quarter.  I will be getting grade-printouts and report cards ready for the week following this.  If your child has any missing work please turn that in by this Friday, March 18th.

I have one February reading record without a name on it.  I showed it to the class and it was not claimed.  If you child does not have credit for February reading and you know that they did it, let me know and I will give the certificate and pizza coupon to the right child. 

Remember that this is the last month for Golden Sneaker points.  I have four children that will receive their gold medal and a few right behind them, but most will not receive an award at the end of the year.  I have said before that I keep track of the time they spend here in PE, but need to have you send in the calendars so that I can track the rest.  Every fifteen minutes of activity is one point.

I sent home March book orders in your child's folder or backpack today.  There are some really great books there, I even saw the new Silverlicious book, and as always some are just $1.00.  These book orders will be due on Wednesday, March 23.

Happy reading--keep sending in your child's lists for the 100-book challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment