Monday, March 21, 2011

Newsletter March 21-25

We are going to the production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at SUU this Thursday.  We will leave here at 9:15 and return before lunch.  Please look for the permission slip in your child's backpack today (it is on pink paper).  We are asking for a $1.00 donation to cover the cost of the play. Please sign and return the permission slip by Wednesday.

Remember that the sign-up sheets for the Talent Show are due next Monday, March 28, in the office.  There will be a practice on Tuesday, March 29 and a practice on Thursday March 30.  The talent show will be held on Friday, April 1.  The show for parents will be at 10:00 and for the students at 2:00 that day.  The talent must only be 60 seconds!

This week I will be giving my students a written spelling test to choose "winners" that will compete in our grade level spelling bee.  I sent home a list of words a few weeks ago.  As a grade level, we will choose 20 randomly selected words from that list and test our students.  Our classroom winners will then go on to compete with the other first grades to determine the two that will compete in our East Elementary Spelling Bee.  Tentatively that Spelling Bee will be held on April 5.  I will send more information home about the spelling bee as I receive it.  If you would like another copy of the words let me know and I will send it home with your child.

Congratulations to Kade!  He is the first student in our class that has read 100 books.  Remember that you still have until May 20th to achieve this goal.  I have kids tell me daily, I read books last night, I in turn tell them that they have to have a signed note by your stating the books that they have read.  I can't just take their word for it. I good place to find books is the Scholastic Book order.  Our March order will be due this Wednesday, March 23.  The orders were sent home last Monday.

Remember to glance right for  math homework,  weekly reading, spelling words, and a schedule of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment