Monday, March 28, 2011

Newsletter March 28-April 1

Your child did not receive a new poem today for their poetry journals.  We will not have poetry performances this Friday, but will have them again starting next week.

I will have your  child's report card done by this Wednesday, March 30.  Also, with the report card, I will print off their third quarter Power School report.  I will not make many comments on their report cards this time, since we just had SEP conferences a couple of weeks ago.  If you have any concerns though, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Next quarter, I will hopefully just send home the Power School report as their "report card".  I have included a username and password for you child so that you can access Power School at your convenience anytime and look at your child's grades and missing assignments.  Please check for missing assignments here.  You will probably notice a decrease in math homework being returned to you because this.  I will correct it of course, but I will not send it back home daily or weekly as I have been.  If for some reason you want that back, I will send it with your child.  Please let me know if I should save it.

The school-wide Spelling Bee has been changed to April 8.  I will send more information home to those who it pertains to as I receive it. 

We will have our final DIBELS testing the first week in May.  That leaves about fours weeks of school until they are tested.  I cannot stress enough how important it is to read at home with your child.  Please continue to do this and practice the sight words and fry phrases as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment