Monday, April 11, 2011

Newsletter April 11-15

We have our Field Trip to BARD's Birthday Bash at SUU this Friday.  Please watch the weather and have your child bring a jacket if necessary.  We will be walking to SUU. We will leave after lunch and be back before 3:00.

I have received only 3 dozen eggs for our Easter Egg hunt.  Remember that we will be going to Canyon Park, on Tuesday April 19th.  While there we will have a picnic, and then sing at the Senior Citizen's Center adjacent to the park.  After singing, we will have our first grade Easter egg hunt.  I have asked for a donation of 12 plastic eggs filled with candy.  If you would tape those eggs shut with scotch tape I would appreciate it, as they tend to open up during Easter egg hunts. Please have these eggs here by Friday April 15th.

I got a note in my box today about the Golden Sneaker award.  I need to hand in the results by this Friday, April 15th.  So far I have Zoe, Gavin, Kade, Brailyn, James and Dallas receiving the "Gold medal".  Jonny is at the  "Bronze medal" level.  That is all I will have for my class. Please send in information about your child's physical activity by this Friday and I can add them to my list.  If you don't have the calendars still, a note would be fine.  Remember that each 15 minutes of activity counts for one point.  To get the Gold medal your child needs to have at least 180 points.

I had several papers stapled together in your child's folder or backpack today.  One of those is a coloring contest page.  It is an Easter Bunny.  Bulloch Drug will give your child a free ice cream cone if they turn it in by April 16th.  They failed to mention that on the paper.

We have been learning about maps in our class.  As part of that unit, we have read the book Flat Stanley.  Next Monday, April 18,  look for a Flat Stanley assignment.  Start thinking about someone your child could send their "Flat Stanley" to visit.  The assignment will give more information. I just wanted to give you a heads up and make sure you watched for it to come home.

Congratulations to Zoe!! She has read 100 books!  She is the second student to become a member our  100-Book club!   We have several students that are close behind her.  Remember that I will recognize these children at our End-of-the-Year Party and hope to have their picture in the paper.  Remember that every 25 books your child reads they will receive a book that I have purchased and  a little treat.  I loved that when Delilah chose a book she wanted to take it out to recess!!  Keep reading!  We have 31 school days left!

One last thing, I put April Scholastic book orders in your child's folder last week and I failed to mention a due date.  I will collect those up until we get out for Easter break.  If you would like to order please send it by Tuesday, April 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment