Monday, April 25, 2011

Newsletter April 25-30

I hope that you all had a great Easter Break!  We all came back refreshed--we had a great day back.  We are all especially excited to have Joselene back with us for the last five weeks of school.

Watch for a grade print out this Friday.    I have some children that have not turned in their Reading Records, or are not turning in their math homework consistently and these two things really drop your child's grade percentage down.  If you have any questions after receiving these, please again, don't hesitate to contact me.

I sent home book orders today.  This will be your final chance to order books for the year.  Those orders will be due next Friday, May 7.  That way your order will be back before school gets out for the summer.

I hope that you have all sent your Flat Stanley.  I sent that assignment home last week.  If you have any questions please feel free to call, e-mail, or send a note.  This is a fun activity, one that your child won't want to miss out on.

I am planning a "Reading Picnic" on the last day of school, May 27, at 1:00.  We will have healthy snacks and you can watch your child perform a Reader's Theater and we'll have end of the year awards, and video presentation.  Mark your calendars!! 

Please continue to read nightly and send in book lists for our 100-Book Challenge.  We have 20 days left to complete this goal.  I will cut it off on May 20th, one week before school gets out so that I can get awards printed.  I will present these awards at our Reading Picnic.

Teacher requests for next year will be due May 2.  If you would like to make a request, you can pick the form up in the office, or it is also available on East Elementary's website under the parent/student link.

Scroll down and look at the pictures I posted from our Easter Egg Hunt.  We have a great time and the Senior Citizens loved our performance.  Many were clapping along as we sang.  As always, Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment