Monday, April 4, 2011

Newsletter April 4-8

Please look in your child's backpack for the three permission slips that need to be signed.  On Friday, April 15th, we are going to BARD's Birthday Bash at SUU in the afternoon.  On Tuesday, April 19th, we are going to Canyon Park for a 1st grade picnic, Easter egg hunt, and singing at the Senior Citizen's Center.  The pink paper is in regards to lunch on the day of the picnic.  I need to give a count to the lunchroom ASAP!  The paper says to turn it in by Monday, that is TODAY!  Sorry, I did not get it from my box until Friday afternoon.  Please sign and return that by tomorrow, Tuesday, April 5. 

For the Easter Egg hunt we are asking for each child to donate one dozen, candy filled eggs.  We have found in the past that these eggs easily open up, so please tape them with a piece of scotch tape.  Please send these eggs by Friday, April 15th.

I gave your child a new poem for Poetry Performances this Friday.  These performances especially help with reading expression, so practice at home is very important.  You cannot read with expression if you do not know the words!

March reading records are now due.  You will find an April Reading record in your child's folder or backpack.  Remember that these records are worth 100 points.  Your child should be reading for at least 20 minutes each night and they should be doing ALL of the reading now.  I am thrilled that so many students are reading towards our 100-book challenge.  I have several who are close to the goal.

If you haven't sent in Golden Sneaker activity logs yet, please do so now!  I would love for all of my students to receive a "gold medal" at the final assembly.  I am sure that most of my students are active for part of the day, it's just a matter of keeping track and sending that information to me.  March was the last month for these logs so you will not see one for April in your child's folder.

Congratulations to Maverick!! He was the first grade Spelling Bee champion.  I was so impressed by all of the terrific spellers.

Here is hoping that the weather will continue to warm up.  Take a book outside to the park, on the trampoline, in a backyard tent or fort and read with your child!   Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment