Monday, October 24, 2011

Newsletter October 25-28

Welcome back!  I hope that you all had a nice Harvest Holiday.   I enjoyed my sleep-in days very much.

I will send home your child's grades by Wednesday.  I only printed  the category report because of the amount of paper it takes to print out all of the assignments.  If you want to see all of your child's assignments please use the username and password that I gave you at SEP conferences and access Power School.  If you have forgotten this information let me know and I will send you another one. I also will attach your child's attendance record.  Please make sure that your child is here and on time for school. 

I sent home spelling words last Wednesday, but did not send your child's new poem.  I sent it home today (Tuesday Oct. 25).  Thanks for helping your child with these poems.  We have been having great performances on Fridays. 

I am going to change the way that I have been doing sight words.  Instead of sending the whole list with 20 plus words on it, I am now going to send home a list of words on Monday and will test the kids on Friday.  I feel that the big list has been unmanageable for some and when I have tested my students most of them miss several of the words. Please help your child study these words at home.  If you have any questions please let me know. 

We have started our literacy block.  I am still in need of personal portable CD players so that I can have a "listening center" in my classroom.  If any of you have these that you don't use anymore please send them my direction. 

We are going on a walking field trip to the Paiute Tribal Center on November 8th at 9:00.  Please sign the permission slip that I put in your child's folder and send it back ASAP.  I also put in a note about our Halloween pumpkin carving party.  Remember that the students do not dress up for school on Halloween, but there is a PTA sponsored Halloween Carnival on Friday, October 28th at 5:30 where they can dress up.  The Halloween carnival will be held here at East Elementary.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment