Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14-18

Welcome to Winter!  It has been so cold!  Thanks for bundling up your children.  We did not go out for break today at all, and I anticipate it being that way for the remainder of the week.

Friday was the last day of the quarter.  We have officially been in school for 91 days!  I will get grades printed out on Early -out Wednesday.  Watch for your child's grades in their backpack on Thursday.  Thanks to those that are sending your child with a homework folder everyday.  If they don't have a folder, or sometimes backpack,  I am afraid that you won't receive  the necessary information or homework that I send home. Some of you have not returned the December reading record (page with Christmas trees on it).  This is worth 100 points  and will bring your child's grade down.  Please return that by Wednesday!!

Today I sent home January's Scholastic book orders.  Those will be due this Friday, January 18.  The best way to order is using the online code.  I sent home a note with that code on it and  it is on the sidebar of this blog.

We are short on pencil top erasers.  For some reason First graders use their erasers frequently :)  I have so many good pencils still, but with little or no eraser left. If you could help by sending in a package or two of those pencil top erasers I would appreciate it.  Tell your child that they are for classroom use, otherwise we will have erasers spilling out of our desks.

Tomorrow we will have our DIBELS testing right at 9:15.  Please have your child here on time.  School starts at 8:55 and many students come in well after that time.  They miss valuable instruction if they are habitually late.

This week we will finish up our 2013 Goal writing and have started our States of Matter/Water Cycle Unit.  Mrs. Cummings, our student teacher, started teaching the science unit today.  She is doing a good job and my students are responding well to her.

I've said this before, but thanks for all of your help with your child.  It is at home where a child's love of education is reinforced.  I was pleased at the results from our spelling test last week.  I can tell that many of you took the time to help your child study for the test.  All of your encouragement and help is so important and appreciated!

Happy Reading!  I will include some pictures that I took in December.  Sorry they are a little bit late!  I am sure you will still enjoy them!  I have darling students!























No comments:

Post a Comment