Monday, September 16, 2013

Newsletter September 16 - 20

I will not be here this Wednesday.  I have a fabulous sub lined up.  She taught for my many years and your children will be in competent hands.

This week will be our first week that a sentence has been added to your child's spelling list.  My blog is the only place you will be able to find this sentence (look at the right sidebar).  The sentence will be worth 7 points:  5 points for all words spelled correctly, and one point each for a capital letter at the beginning and punctuation at the end of the sentence. 

Tomorrow I will test on Unit 1 in our Go Math program.  Please help your child complete their homework for this unit so that they will perform better on the test tomorrow.  We will start Unit 2 on subtraction on Thursday.

Your child should be working on Sight Word List #2 now.  I will test all students that haven't passed off List #2 on October 2.  Of course, you can go through the lists at your child's pace.  Please read every night with your child.  I will emphasize this over and over all year long.  Reading with your child increases their vocabularies, and truly helps them become better readers.

Today we went to our second theater experience.  It was fabulous!  Mr. Seeley does a great job.  He is incorporating science in with the activities.  Today the children used large pieces of fabric and pretended to be seeds, they then grew into what their seed represented.  They had a great time, and learned a lot too.  I wish I would have brought my camera to "show" you what they learned.

This week we will be doing a writing assignment about why your child is special.  It was correlate with an art project that we did last week.  We are continuing to learn about proper sentence writing.  Our reading groups are in full swing and are going well.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns. 

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment