Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9 - 13

Thanks again for coming to SEP conferences last week--I had 100% attendance!  That shows the support that you give your child in all aspects of their education. 

Spring pictures will be taken this Friday, March 13.  I will only send students that return the order with money.  Not all of the students will get pictures taken like they do in the Fall.  If you need another order form let me know, I think I have a couple of extra copies.

The March Scholastic book order that I sent home last week is due this Wednesday, March 11.  I have a link on this blog that can get you right to the website, or you can send me a check (made out to Scholastic) and I can order them for you. The easiest way to order is online using our class code.

This week we will finish up on Unit 8 in math (two-digit addition and subtraction).  I will test next Monday.  Please help your child with their homework to help prepare them for the test.

This week I am starting a rereading program for fluency.  I received help from an "America Reads" volunteer and plan to start this program on Thursday, March 12.  I would love more helpers during this time.  I plan on doing this twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday from 1:30 - 2:15).  If you could help out on one of those days or both let me know.  If I get more volunteers I would consider doing it more than twice a week. I will count books read during that time towards our 100-book challenge.

This Friday, is the end of the quarter.  If your child needs to turn in any missing homework, please help them remember to turn it in by Friday.  I will not accept late work after that date (that includes the February home reading record). 

Have a great week and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment